Ana Ikan Bakar Petai @ Kuantan
Tel: 019-987 8155 (Haji Baharin),
013-998 9175 (Fairuz).
Bakar Petai is Ana’s signature style of cooking. The seafood is first slathered with sambal cili and then wrapped in a banana leaf together with onions and petai before it is placed on a charcoal grill. This cooking method ensures the flavour of the seafood is sealed in, and it gets the smoky aroma from the charcoal fire.
The stingray was fragrant from the slow grilling and the slightly burnt sides were very tasty. The flesh was smooth, tender and moist, and the simple yet distinctive sambal marinade was spicy but not to the extent of numbing the tongue.The kicap hitam is a very dark, caramelised sauce that is slightly sweet and sticky with a prawny after-taste, and its rich aroma gives the seafood a smoke-tinged flavour. The asam jawa sauce had the perfect balance of sweetness, sourness, spiciness and saltiness, with a strong hint of belacan. The combination of sticky dark sauce and piquant asam jawa sauce complemented the grilled seafood very nicely.
Rating: 8 /10
Looking for a gift for the ultimate food lover? These Christmas Hampers from Clearwater are the perfect solution.
Looking for Food, Wine Tour Packages and Cooking Schools. Click for More Info!!
Restaurant Fatty Crab Sdn. Bhd. (PORK & ALCOHOL FREE) No 2, Jln SS 24/13 , Taman Megah, 47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia Tel: 03-...
Restaurant Windmill 10 & 11, Jalan SS 12/1B, 47500 Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia Tel: +603-5631-8177 Restaurant Windmill is not...
The Lobsterman No. 51 - 53, Jalan SS2/30, Petaling Jaya 47300 Petaling Jaya Selangor, Malaysia. Website: http://www.lobsterman.com.my/...
Restaurant Ole Sayang 198-199, Taman Melaka Raya, 75000 Melaka Tel: 60-6283 1966 Operating hours: Daily 11.30am till 2.30pm and 6.00pm ...
- ► 2013 (19)
- ► 2012 (88)
- ► 2011 (137)
- ► 2010 (119)
- Sek Hou @ Times Square, KL
- Lou Por Paeng (Candied Winter-Melon Pastry)
- Quick Fix Omelette
- Rendang Fried Rice
- Restoran Gembira @ Shah Alam
- Seremban Siew Pau @ Seremban, Negeri Sembilan
- Bee Tin Curry Mee @ Seberang Perai, Penang
- Golden Phoenix @ Hotel Equatorial, KL
- Kwai Lam Seafood Restaurant @ Kampung Subang
- Vogue Cafe @ Renaissance Hotel, KL
- Lorong Seratus Tahun @ USJ 10, Taipan
- Restoran Kin Kin @ Pandan Indah
- New Restaurant Ipoh Chicken Rice @ Sri Petaling
- Teochew Crab Porridge
- Tangy Mango and Cuttlefish Salad
- Ana Ikan Bakar Petai @ Kuantan
- Shanghai Restaurant @ JW Marriot Hotel, KL
- Fushou Lou Nyonya Seafood Curry @ USJ 2, Subang Ja...
- QBA Latin Grill @ The Westin, KL
- Bean's Dessert Kitchen @ SS15, Subang Jaya
- Lotus Root And Peanut Soup
- Vegetarian Herbal Soup
- Deep-fried Nam Yee Spareribs
- Braised Chicken With Chestnuts
- Sango @ Crystal Crown Hotel, PJ
- OXO Cafelab @ Penang
- Deluxcious Spa Cuisine Restaurant @ Penang
- Tok Kechik’s Spicy Chicken Rendang
- Lemon Garden Cafe @ Shangri-La Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Black Pepper Beef
- Senjyu Sushi @ Sunway Piramid
- Tomoe Japanese Restaurant @ SS15, Subang Jaya
- Brown Squid Sambal
- Nasi Beringin
- Chop Hing Huang @ Sibu
- Restoran Ho Weng Kee @ SS 2, Petaling Jaya
- Rendang Tok (Recipe courtesy of Safura Atan)
- Opor Daging
- Instant Rendang
- Kerutub Daging
- Souled Out @ Sri Hartamas
- Lumpia Sariwa (Fresh coconut heart, fine strips of...
- Spicy Savoury Beancurd
- Harrods @ KLCC
- Kuih Talam Pandan
- Acar Kunyit Ikan Belanak
- Special Fried Chicken
- Coconut Flower Seafood Restaurant @ Port Klang
- Fish In Claypot
- Chicken Briyani
- Sun Huat Kee @ Bangsar
- Beef Rendang Mamak Style
- Hai Peng Kopitiam @ Kemaman
- Hoe Kee Chicken Rice Shop @ Melaka
- Hasan's Rojak @ SS 2, Petaling Jaya
- Joo Leong Café @ Penang
- Fried Lala With Chilli
- Country Style Steamed Prawns
- Mocha Marble Cake
- Pot Stickers
- The Loaf @ Pavilion, Kuala Lumpur
- DELIcious @ Bandar Utama
- Banquet @ Bangsar Village 2
- Kafe Beriani Gam Putrajaya
- Bubur Bebola Tepung Beras
- Tapioca Porridge
- Pengat Pisang
- Ali Baba's Kebab @ Ampang
- Al Marjan Restaurant @ Suria KLCC
- Egg Pudding
- Restaurant Choon Yien @ Happy Mansion Apartment, S...
- Passage Thru India Restaurant
- Creme Caramel Pudding
- Chicken Rendang
- Roast Beef with Four-Angled Beans
- Little Vietnam @ Midvalley Megamall
- Tiger Prawns with Red Sauce in Bamboo Trunks (Choo...
- ▼ September (81)
Giving your business the boost it needs - grow from insiders' tip to talk of the town! Tell us about your business.